Hola!!! Welcome to basedonmovies.com. This is a true story about a woman who went to extremes to find her son this is a periodic, deep and intense thriller, do check out this movie ( Investigative Thriller-VIII) suggestion.
What is this about?
Los Angeles, 1928. Single mother Christine Collins (Angelina Jolie) returns from paintings to discover her nine-year-antique son Walter (Gattlin Griffith) gone. She calls the L.A.P.D. To provoke a search. Five months later, a boy is found in Illinois who fits the description, and he says he’s her son. To fanfare and photos, the L.A.P.D. Reunite mom and son, however, she insists he’s not her boy. The police officers disregard her as either a liar or hysterical. When she joins a minister in his public grievance of the Police, they in turn use government electricity to silence and intimidate her. Meanwhile, a cop goes to a dilapidated ranch to discover a Canadian lad who’s without prison status; the young people tells a grisly tale. There’s redress for murder; is there redress for abuse of electricity?
Why you should watch this?
- captivating and fascinating plot.
- An Interesting period piece.
- The movie contains astonishing production values, as we are taken back to a period that doesn’t exist anymore.
- This is not your typical drama, suspense-filled thriller.
Who should watch this?
If you love investigation movies with a periodic background do check this out.As a matter of fact, it’s just one masterpiece from the man who could teach Hollywood a few lessons.Clint Eastwood.
Where can you watch this?
Watch it on Netflix: Changeling. (Not available in india)
Free Streaming Services:
Watch it on FShareTv: Changeling.
Watch it on Vumoo: Changeling.
Movie Name: Changeling (2008)
Director: Clint Eastwood
Lead Actors: Angelina Jolie, Colm Feore, Amy Ryan
Genre: Investigative Thrillers
Some interesting facts about the movie:
- J. Michael Straczynski first discovered of the tale of Christine Collins from an unnamed source at Los Angeles City Hall. The source had stumbled throughout case files regarding the Wineville Chicken Coop Murders amongst other discarded documents scheduled for destruction. Straczynski took the documents and became obsessed with the case, doing significant research over the course of a year. He tried to make it into a television project, but by no means found a solid way to do that. Virtually every event depicted in this film seems as noted in legal files, with dialogue often taken verbatim from court docket transcripts. Straczynski wrote his first draft of the screenplay in most effective eleven days.
- Clint Eastwood said inside the DVD extras that part of the motive why he solid Angelina Jolie is that she is a mother, so she knows what it would feel like if her certainly one of her youngsters changed into kidnapped.
We hope you liked our movie suggestion (Investigative Thriller-VIII), for more movie recommendations on Investigative Thrillers Please visit Basedonmovies.com.